Why should you look into the best mini steppers? Are you looking to get a great cardiovascular workout at home while toning and strengthening various muscle groups? Then you should really look into mini stepper machines.
The best mini steppers offer all the same benefits of a full-sized stepper, but take up much less space and are far less imposing.
- 1 Why Purchase a Mini Stepper?
- 2 The Best Mini Steppers on the Market
- 3 Final Thoughts
Why Purchase a Mini Stepper?
Mini steppers are designed to offer a highly effective workout at a much more cost effective price than a full-sized stepper. Plus, they take up a fraction of the space, which makes them highly appealing. In fact, mini steppers have become one of the most popular pieces of home exercise equipment.
What exactly is a mini stepper? What benefits does it offer? Are there any factors that you should consider before purchasing one? Read on to find answers to all of these questions, and more.
What is a Mini Stepper?
A mini stepper is a pared down version of a full-scale stepping machine that you would find in a commercial gym. Essentially, these machines are foot units that you step on; with each step you take, you push against resistance. The resistance can be modified, allowing you to up the impact of your workout.
What health benefits do the best mini steppers offer?
Mini steppers offer a variety of health benefits. Some of the most notable benefits that are associated with this piece of exercise equipment include:
- Cardiovascular fitness. When you use a mini stepper regularly, it can improve your cardiovascular health. The stepping motion mimics that of walking, which is considered a moderate aerobic activity.
- Toned muscles. When you exercise with a mini stepper, you will be using the same muscles that are used while walking and climbing up stairs. This machine offers a slight resistance, which you must use the muscles in your legs to push against with every step you take. As a result, you’ll work the various muscles in your lower body, including your hamstrings, glutes, calfs, and quadriceps. If you hold your spine straight and tighten your abdomen, you can also work your core muscles. You can also get in an upper body workout if you are using a machine that is equipped with handles.
- Weight loss. A mini stepper can help burn calories, which translates to weight loss. A 150 pound person can burn up to 525 calories an hour while using a mini stepper at a medium intensity setting. If you want to burn even more calories, try incorporating bursts of high intensity stepping.
Are there other benefits associated with the best mini steppers?
In addition to health benefits, the mini steppers offer a number of other benefits. These include:
- Compact size. The best mini steppers are a fraction of the size of full-sized step machines that are used in commercial gyms. Thanks to their small stature, they don’t require a lot of space to house. You won’t have to clear out and devote an entire area of your home with this piece of exercise equipment. That means that even if you live in a small studio apartment, you will easily be able to find the space to accommodate and use one of these machines.
- They’re portable. Portability is another key advantage that the best mini steppers offer. In addition to being small on size, they’re relatively lightweight. This means that you can get in a workout wherever you want to; your bedroom, office, backyard, or while you’re catching up on your favorite TV show in the living room.
- They’re inexpensive. Mini steppers are a fraction of the cost of full-sized step machines. Even the highest quality machines are significantly less expensive than the full-sized machines. And, since they mimic the workout of the equipment used in commercial gyms, you won’t have to pay for a gym membership, either, which translates to even more savings.
Are there any factors to consider?
While the best mini steppers are designed to provide an exceptional performance, there are some factors that you should take into consideration to ensure you choose the best machine for your specific needs.
- Size. Typically, mini steppers are much smaller than full-sized step machines; however, some are larger than others. As such, it’s important to ensure that you pick a size that will work for you. You want to make sure that it will fit in the location(s) where you plan on using it, that your feet will fit into the foot rests, and that you can handle the weight of the machine.
- Noise. Since you will be stepping on them, and there is resistance, even the best mini steppers do make a certain degree of noise. Generally, the noise will be minimal; but, if sound is a concern, test it out before buying to ensure the noise level is tolerable.
- Adjustability. As mentioned, a mini stepper’s resistance is adjustable. You want to make sure that the machine you choose is easy to adjust, and that it offers resistance adjustability that will work for you.
The Best Mini Steppers on the Market
Now that you know the benefits that a mini stepper offers, and what to look for when looking for one, you’re probably wondering what some of the best options are. When you’re shopping, you will find that there are tons of mini steppers available, which can make it difficult to narrow down the best models.
In order to help you on your quest for finding the best mini steppers, we’ve scoured the market to find the best of the best. The following machines offer outstanding features, easy to use, compact, have various resistance levels, make minimal noise, and have a small footprint. Simply put, you can’t go wrong with any of the following mini stepper machines.
Xiser Commerial Mini Stairmaster
Offering a wealth of features and thoughtfully designed, the Xiser Commercial Mini Stairmaster is an outstanding piece of equipment. Overall, we were impressed by the quality of this machine, as well as the workout it provides.
- Made of cast airframe grade alloy
- Supports weights of up to 400 pounds
- It weighs just 14 pounds, so transporting this machine doesn’t require a tremendous amount of muscle mass.
- Filled with silicone, which allows for effortless, smooth and quiet operation.
- Fitted with a patented hydraulic system, which adds to the quite, fluid operation of the machine.
- Sizeable pedals, which are designed to accommodate feet of various sizes
- Depending on how high you set the resistance and how long and often you use the machine, the shocks can wear out quickly, which impacts the resistance.
- Though the footrests are designed to accommodate all shoe sizes, the layout is a bit awkward, which may cause discomfort for some users.
- Oil can leak from the hydraulic system, which could leak out onto the floor. Place a towel or a mat underneath the machine to avoid this problem.
Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper
Not only does the Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper have resistance foot pedals, but it is also equipped with arm bands, making this an excellent mini stepper.
- Resistance bands, which replicate the action of using dumbbells, so you can work both your upper and your lower body on this machine.
- It twists your body as you step, further improving the lower body workout that this mini stepper provides, and upping the cardiovascular workout.
- The steel construction makes this stepper highly durable
- An onboard computer with an LCD display illustrates step count, time, rep count, as well as calories that have been burned.
- Large, slip-resistant foot plates can easily accommodate feet of various sizes, and prevent your feet from slipping and sliding.
- The stride length is shorter than other mini stepper machines, which could impact the overall workout that it provides.
- The hydraulic arms may heat up after the machine is used for a prolonged period of time.
- Modifying the resistance may be more time consuming than preferred, and a bit difficult.
Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
As one of the most compact mini steppers on the market, the Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer requires virtually no space. As a result, it can be used virtually anywhere and storing it is a cinch.
- Compact design means minimal space is required for use, allowing you to get in a workout pretty much anywhere you see fit: in your office, bedroom, living room, or even your bathroom.
- Weighing in at 24 pounds, it’s relatively lightweight, so transporting it shouldn’t be a problem for most users.
- The low profile makes storage a breeze. It can slip underneath a desk or in the corner of a closet with ease.
- A fitness electronic monitor keeps track of your progress, including strides taken, the amount of time spent working out, and calories burned.
- Easy to adjust tension allows you to control the intensity of your workout via the tension knob.
- The whisper quiet resistance means that you can get in a workout without compromising other activities, such as a business phone call or watching your favorite TV show.
- The textured pedals will keep your feet securely positioned throughout the duration of your workout.
- Can be used in either forward or reverse motion, which will allow you to target various muscles. It also allows for a change of pace while working out so that you can keep things fresh and interesting.
- Steel construction makes this mini stepper extremely sturdy
- Though it’s lightweight for most, the steel construction may be too cumbersome for some users, which could potentially limit the ease of mobility of the machine.
- In comparison to other mini steppers, the stride length is relatively short, which could impact the overall success of a workout
- Despite the fact that this mini stepper claims to provide an elliptical stride, in actuality, it doesn’t. This could also limit the efficiency and outcome of your workout.
- It requires assembly, which has the potential to be challenging to some users.
Gold’s Gym Mini Stepper
This low impact aerobic machine is specifically designed to target the lower body, as well as provide a moderate aerobic exercise. Plus, it’s made by one of the most reputable manufacturer’s of workout equipment in the world.
- Specifically targets the lower body, including the glutes, thighs, hips, and calves.
- Outfitted with an electronic monitor, which keeps track of calories burned, steps, and time of workout.
- Compact size makes it easy to use anywhere, including your office, your living room, or virtually anywhere else you would like to get in a workout.
- It’s lightweight, so moving it from one location to another shouldn’t be a struggle for the average person.
- Durable construction means it can withstand extensive workouts.
- The non-slip foot pads will keep you in a secure position throughout the duration of your workout.
- The main downside of this mini stepper is the weight limit. It can only accommodate weights of up to 250 pounds, which means that anyone who exceeds that weight will not be able to use it.
- It can be difficult to attain balance on this machine, which could be problematic for some users; particularly those who are just starting out with this type of exercise equipment and the elderly.
- Pumping the pedals can also be challenging, which can add to the difficulty of use.
A mini stepper machine is often dismissed as an effective piece of exercise equipment, as many fitness enthusiasts view it as subpar compared to other machinery. However, quite the opposite is true. These machines can provide an outstanding cardiovascular workout, aide in weight loss, as well as strengthen and tone various muscle groups.
There are certainly a lot of mini steppers on the market; however, if you want to get the best workout possible, you should seriously consider one of the above-mentioned products. After conducting extensive research, we have found that the products discussed above are some of the best mini steppers on the market.